EASY TO FOLLOW CIVILIAN RULES OF CONDUCT
Military Rules for Non-Military Personnel
1) The next time you see an adult talking (or wearing a hat) during times when the National Anthem is playing --- kick their ass.
2) When you witness, firsthand, someone burning the American Flag in protest --- kick their ass.
3) Regardless of the rank they held while they served, pay the highest amount of respect to all veterans. If you see anyone doing otherwise, quietly pull them aside and explain how these veterans fought for the very freedom they back in every second. Enlighten them on the many sacrifices these veterans made to make this Nation great. Then hold them down while a disabled veteran kicks their ass.
4) (GUYS) If you were never in the military, DO NOT pretend that you were. Wearing battle dress uniforms (BDUs), telling other the you used to be "Special Forces," and collecting GI Joe memorabilia, might have been okay when you were seven years old. Now it will only make you look stupid and get your ass kicked.
5) Next time you come across an Air Force member, do not ask them, "Do you fly a jet?" Not everyone in the Air Force is a pilot. Such ignorance deserves and ass-kicking (children are exempt).
6) If you witness someone calling the US Coast Guard 'non-military', inform them of their mistake --- and kick their ass.
7) Next time Old Glory (the US flag) prances by during a parade, get on your damn foot and pay homage to her by placing your hand over your heart. Quietly thank the military member or veteran lucky enough to be carrying her --- of course, failure to do either of those could earn you a severe ass-kicking.
8) Don't try to discuss politics with a military member or veteran. We are Americans, and we all bleed the same, regardless of our party affiliation. Our Chain of Command is to include our Commander-In-Chief (CinC). The President (for those who didn't know) is your CinC regardless of political party. We have no inside track on what happens inside those representatives meet. All we know is that when those civilian representatives screw up the situation, they call upon the military to go straighten it out. If you keep asking us the same stupid questions repeatedly, you will get your ass kicked!
9) 'Your mama wears combat boots" never made sense to me --- stop saying it! If she did, she would most likely be a vet and therefore, could kick your ass!
10) Bin Laden and Taliban are not Communists, so stop saying 'Let's go kill those Commies!' And stop asking us where he is! Crystal balls are not standard issue in the military. That reminds me --- if you see anyone calling those damn psychic numbers, let me know, so I can go kick their ass.
11) 'Flyboy' (Air Force), 'Jarhead' (Marines), 'Grunt' (Army), 'Squid' (Navy), 'Puddle Jumpers' (Coast Guard), etc., are terms of endearment we use describing each other. Unless you are a service member or vet, you have not earned the right to use them. That could get your ass kicked.
12) Last, but not least, whether or not you become a member of the military, support our troops and their families. Every Thanksgiving and religious holiday that you enjoy with family and friends, please remember that there are literally thousands of sailors and troops far from home wishing they could be with their families. Thank God for our military and sacrifices they make every day. Without them, our country would get its ass kicked.
"It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press.
It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech.
It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."
AMEN!! Please pass this on so I won't have to kick your ass!
"If you can read this, thank a teacher"
"If you are reading it in English, thank a veteran."
Thursday, October 25, 2007
Snagged from a friend whose husband is in our military, stationed overseas. Thanks Sheryl!