Friday, June 19, 2009

Royal Breasts

As of yesterday, I am six months post-op surgery for breast reduction. I’m still in awe that my health has improved so much in general, and the simple changes in how I move and get around. You can still see some purplish reddishness in the scar lines, while other areas of scar line are virtually unnoticeable. Even if I remain scarred for life it’s been worth it and I’d do it all over again. My hyper-sensitivity in the nipples isn’t nearly as bad as it was, but it’s still taking getting used to. The entire breast area is still rather sensitive, and I can’t put too much pressure on my chest without some discomfort. If pressure is for a prolonged period of time, the scars do feel a bit sharp in the discomfort.

I have my 6-month post-op appointment soon, and I’m actually hoping I haven’t missed it.

No, I’m not posting nekkid photos. This is a family-friendly blog.

No comments: