Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Bye, Bye Boobies!

Ok, not quite yet, but I made the big step of making an appointment with a plastic surgeon to get these back-killers and shoulder-destroyers off of my chest. I go for The Big Appointment on Halloween 2008. I seriously can't wait. I'm excited and nervous and scared all at the same time. Luckily, my orthopedist (for my bum shoulder) said he'd back me up with the surgeon to prove that it's a medical necessity, so that should help with insurance. The surgeon I'll be using was highly recommended, and is actually in one of our local hospitals and I won't be further than 5 miles or so from home. I'm really hoping the surgery can be done before the New Year. I'm worried that our new insurance (starting January 2009) won't cover a breast reduction surgery by considering it a pre-existing condition.

That said, I'm scared to death of surgery. The only surgeries I've had have been getting my wisdom teeth extracted and a tonsillectomy. I guess I'm finally just sick of the pain more than I'm afraid of surgery. I'm afraid of the anesthesia. I'm afraid of the following pain. I'm afraid of dying from complications during surgery, and not being around to raise my girls because of it. Hell, I'm afraid of leaving the cats because I'm the one that cares for them and feeds them and keeps their vet appointments, let alone doing the same for the kids ha ha.

I'd love to hear some personal success stories. I'm looking to go from a 48-DD to a nice little B cup. If you have a scary story, please temper it with some common sense. If you can't be supportive, and choose to be critical of my decision, I don't want to hear it. This is a surgery I need, literally, to ease back and shoulder pain. The fact that it will boost my self-esteem and help my appearance is merely a bonus. I was cursed with these monstrosities due to pregnancy and nursing. Instead of reducing back to their normal size when pregnancy and nursing were over with, they remained DD. That simply isn't healthy for my height and frame. It's not natural for me, and it's actually rather painful and emotionally distressing. So again, if you have nothing but criticism for not "accepting what God gave me" then I suggest you keep it to yourself. God also gave me the choice to call a surgeon to have this health issue taken care of. So there.

6 comments:

3LittleFlowers said...

Hey there... I had a breast reduction when I was 17. My breast were huge... It was killing my back andn column... So, my mom find me a great surgeon, and gone they were... I swear that 3 days after the surgery I was back in school and after 3 months I was a TOTAL normal person again without being afraid of the boobs falling down.. LOL... I promise it is not one of the most painful surgeries, and Im just counting the days to have it done again.... He did told me that I was going to lose the surgery when I got pregnant and oh boy! I did! Nobody asked me to be pregnant 3 times in 5 years, right? I wish my insurance will accept all the medical reasons that I have for the surgery!

Jennifer said...

I completely understand!!! Mine didn't reduce after babies and nursing. WTH?

♛Qu€€n♛J€§§¡¢a♛™ said...

If there are legitimate medical reasons, I don't understand why insurance companies can refuse to pay. Overly large breasts are painful and so unhealthy... one fear of mine is increased risk of breast cancer and other problems.

3LittleFlowers said...

They wont no matter what doctors say... I called again today to make sure.. :(

Anonymous said...

I know that today is the big day, and I'm hella late, but a. I'm totally jealos. I'd love to have the big tatas lol. b. My friend who had big tatas had it done, and for the same reasons as you, she was a friend since high school so this has been a problem for her for years, and she is way happier.
c. I dont think that pre exisisting conditions occur unless there is a LAPSE in coverage. . i.e. your old coverage ended 10-31 and your new didn't start till 11-31, but thats just something to think about and ask about.

I know I know, You're probably thinking, oh its that girl with terrible terrible grammer and puncutaiton, but in my own defense, I'm going to court reporting school, so. . I kind of try to type in short hand keyboard now and it screws me up lol

Kourtney said...

Hi, I know you don't know me but I saw your blog and wanted to comment. I hope you don't mind. I had breat reduction surgery 5 years ago. I have back problems and my orthopedic dr also helped me get my surgery paid for by my insurance company. I went from a 38DDD to a 36C. I am thrilled with the results! The surgery itself was not bad, I went to the hospital that morning and was home that afternoon. I had drainage tubes that had to be emptied often but I was feeling so good I was able to do them myself. They only stayed in a few days. I wasn't in a lot of pain and my scars are minimal. I had it done about a week before the school semster started and I was back in class and fine. You can't wear bras for a while because of how they sit under the breasts and your scars are healing so I wore tanktops with built in bras or sports bras a lot. Good luck! I hope you get the surgery and that it goes as well as mine did!