Friday, July 25, 2008

Today's the Big Day

So the EEG is today. I let her fall asleep around 11:00 PM last night, and started to rouse her from sleep at 4:30 AM. Not an easy task. I did manage to get her interested in seeing how suddenly light it was outside my window (she slept with me last night). I basically made myself a pest for about 45 minutes.

We came downstairs and I told her we could share some (1/2 caffeine + decaf) coffee with her lactose free milk. She was chilly, and didn't want to wait, so we went for a walk. She was super chilly outside, but it definitely perked her up. When we walked back in the house, she inhaled deeply and had a little glint in eyes. We picked out matching mugs, each white with hearts painted all over them.

We watched a little TV and read some books, and then went for another walk. I think we left the house around 6:00 and walked about a mile and back, then came in just before 7:00 and read more books. I made pancakes, which she wasn't ready for, but coaxed Anneliese to half-stumble out of bed asking me through dopey eyes "What's dat smell?"

Then Juliana came behind her, and perked up just in time to hear the Today Morning Show say "stay tuned with us for a performance by Miley Cyrus!" We recorded it on DVR.

Luckily, it's 9:04 and Grace is still perky. She's a little upset at not being able to find her Chicken Little book to bring with us, but maybe she'll bring Are You My Mother? I'm debating giving her some of her Benedryl before we leave, since I made sure not to give her the Claritin before bed. She'll need to be drowsy once she's set up for the test.

I'll be sure to post how the experience goes, but I have a feeling that even though I've downed almost an entire 10-cup pot of coffee, I'll be needing a nap this afternoon.

No comments: