Thursday, September 06, 2007

Missing The Blessed Teresa Of Calcutta

This entry is in honor of Mother Teresa. Yesterday, September 5th, 2007, was the tenth anniversary of the day the Earth lost it's last true living Saint, and Heaven gained an Angel. This great Mother To All was she was beatified by Pope John Paul II in October 2003, and given the title Blessed Teresa of Calcutta.

"Our Lord wants me to be a free nun covered with the poverty of the cross. Today I learned a good lesson. The poverty of the poor must be so hard for them. While looking for a home I walked and walked till my arms and legs ached. I thought how much they must ache in body and soul, looking for a home, food and health. Then the comfort of Loreto came to tempt me. 'You have only to say the word and all that will be yours again,' the Tempter kept on saying ... Of free choice, my God, and out of love for you, I desire to remain and do whatever be your Holy will in my regard. I did not let a single tear come."

“Everybody today seems to be in such a terrible rush, anxious for greater developments and greater riches and so on, so that children have very little time for their parents. Parents have very little time for each other, and in the home begins the disruption of peace of the world.”

"Technology is a way of organizing the universe so that man doesn't have to experience it."

"If you judge people, you have no time to love them."

"There are no great things, only small things with great love. Happy are those."

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless."

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat. We must find each other. "

"Before you speak, it is necessary for you to listen, for God speaks in the silence of the heart. "

"Give yourself fully to God. He will use you to accomplish great things on the condition that you believe much more in His love than in your own weakness."


"Speak tenderly to them. Let there be kindness in your face, in your eyes, in your smile, in the warmth of your greeting. Always have a cheerful smile. Don't only give your care, but give your heart as well."


"The more you have, the more you are occupied, the less you give. But the less you have the more free you are. Poverty for us is a freedom. It is not mortification, a penance. It is joyful freedom. There is no television here, no this, no that. But we are perfectly happy."


"I pray that you will understand the words of Jesus, “Love one another as I have loved you.” Ask yourself “How has he loved me? Do I really love others in the same way?” Unless this love is among us, we can kill ourselves with work and it will only be work, not love. Work without love is slavery."


No comments: