Wednesday, January 17, 2007

I Hope It's "Just" PPD

I can't imaginefeeling like Angelina Jolie is describing. I would hope a mother feels equally about her children. How could you compare your love between children intentionally? Not to mention publicly?

http://usmagazine.com/angelina_calls_shiloh_a_blob


I think I feel so much more for Madd and Zee because they’re survivors, they came through so much. Shiloh seemed so privileged from the moment she was born. I have less inclination to feel for her...I met my other kids when they were 6 months old, they came with a personality. A newborn really is this...Yes, a blob! But now she’s starting to have a personality...I’m conscious that I have to make sure I don’t ignore her needs, just because I think the others are more vulnerable.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She was sooooo taken out of context in that interview and has since expressed concern on how they took her out of context..... I can understand what she's saying, she feels more empathy for the other two because they're adopted and lived in orphanages and didn't have parents for the first 6 months of their lives.... she "saved" them. Shiloh is another story, she was born into it so shiloh's experience in life is much different than the other twos thus far. The reporter suggested the term "blob", Shiloh was her first newborn so she's not used to that stage where all they do is cry and poop basically. She didn't mean it the way people are taking it or the way the magazine wrote it to say.... A lot of people who have adopted children feel the same way. It's not a preference of children, it's admitting that theres two totally different sets of circumstances.