Monday, January 08, 2007

31 Ways To Pray For Our Military

I'm not one who goes out and thumbs through the Bible to find passages to support my arguments. If I happen to find something that I think is worth passing on, though, I do. I did NOT go and find these myself, I happened upon them on a web site dedicated to our troops. The full credit goes to the site I found this stuff on, clickable in the phrase below. Warning if you're at work that there's music on that site:


31 WAYS TO PRAY FOR OUR MILITARY
When we think of our fellow Americans serving in the military, and the
sacrifices and demands that their job places upon them and their families, we
are in deep gratitude. Whether they are serving in our homeland, or overseas,
their task is a great one. We have been called upon to pray for them during
these desperate days. In an effort to pray more consistently and effectively
this list has been compiled. There is one prayer focus and related verse for 31
days.As long as our military is in harm's way, let us be faithful prayer
warriors on behalf of our fellow citizens who have committed themselves to
defending America.

1. Protection - Psalm 32:7Psalms 32:7 Thou art my hiding place; thou
shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of
deliverance. Selah

2. Wisdom - James 1:5James1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of
God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given
him.

3. Peace - John 14:27, Philippians 4:7John14:27 Peace I leave with you, my
peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your
heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.Philippians 4:7 And the peace of
God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through
Christ Jesus.

4. Presence of God - Psalm 46:1Psalms 46:1 God is our refuge and strength,
a very present help in trouble

5. Inner Strength - Ephesians 3:16Ephesians 3:16 That he would grant you,
according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his
Spirit in the inner man;

6. Clear Mind - 2 Timothy 2:72 Timothy 2:7 Consider what I say; and the
Lord give thee understanding in all things.

7. Security - Psalm 17:8Psalms 17:8 Keep me as the apple of the eye, hide
me under the shadow of thy wings,

8. Health for Physical Body - Philippians 4:13Philippians 4:13 I can do all
things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

9. Courage - Joshua 1:9Joshua 1:9 Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and
of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God
is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

10. To Help Others - Philippians 2:3-4Philippians 2:3 Let nothing be done
through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other
better than themselves.Philippians 2:4 Look not every man on his own things, but
every man also on the things of others.

11. To be aware of God's love for them - Psalm 42Psalms 42:1 As the hart
panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God.Psalms 42:2
My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear
before God?.Psalms 42:3 My tears have been my meat day and night, while they
continually say unto me, Where is thy God?.Psalms 42:4 When I remember these
things, I pour out my soul in me: for I had gone with the multitude, I went with
them to the house of God, with the voice of joy and praise, with a multitude
that kept holyday..Psalms 42:5 Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art
thou disquieted in me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him for the help
of his countenance..Psalms 42:6 O my God, my soul is cast down within me:
therefore will I remember thee from the land of Jordan, and of the Hermonites,
from the hill Mizar..Psalms 42:7 Deep calleth unto deep at the noise of thy
waterspouts: all thy waves and thy billows are gone over me..Psalms 42:8 Yet the
LORD will command his loving kindness in the daytime, and in the night his song
shall be with me, and my prayer unto the God of my life..Psalms 42:9 I will say
unto God my rock, Why hast thou forgotten me? why go I mourning because of the
oppression of the enemy?.Psalms 42:10 As with a sword in my bones, mine enemies
reproach me; while they say daily unto me, Where is thy God?.Psalms 42:11 Why
art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou
in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my
God.

12. Family concerns - 1 Peter 5:71 Peter 5:7 Casting all your care upon
him; for he careth for you.

13. Rest - Matthew 11:28-29Matthew 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour
and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.Matthew 11:29 Take my yoke upon
you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest
unto your souls.

14. Adjust to time change, sleep - Psalm 4:8Psalms 4:8 I will both lay me
down in peace, and sleep: for thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety.

15. Unity in purpose - 1 Peter 3:81 Peter 3:8 Finally, be ye all of one
mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren, be pitiful, be
courteous:

16. Loneliness - Deuteronomy 31:6Deuteronomy 31:6 Be strong and of a good
courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the LORD thy God, he it is that
doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.

17. Children of military - Isaiah 54:13, Psalm 68:5Isaiah 54:13 And all thy
children shall be taught of the LORD; and great shall be the peace of thy
children.Psalms 68:5 A father of the fatherless, and a judge of the widows, is
God in his holy habitation.

18. Spouses of military - Isaiah 40:11Isaiah 40:11 He shall feed his flock
like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry them in his
bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young.

19. Patience while waiting - Psalm 33:20Psalms 33:20 Our soul waiteth for
the LORD: he is our help and our shield

20. God directing their steps - Psalm 32:8Psalms 32:8 I will instruct thee
and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.

21. Diligent in their work - Colossians 3:23Colossians 3:23 And whatsoever
ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;

22. Resist temptation - 1 Corinthians 10:131 Corinthians 10:13 There hath
no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who
will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the
temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

23. Discernment - Philippians 1:9Philippians 1:9 And this I pray, that your
love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment;

24. Traveling Safety - Psalm 121:7-8Psalms 121:7 The LORD shall preserve
thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.Psalms 121:8 The LORD shall
preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for
evermore.

25. Fighting Depression - Psalm 42:5Psalms 42:5 Why art thou cast down, O
my soul? and why art thou disquieted in me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet
praise him for the help of his countenance.

26. Protection from Evil - 2 Thessalonians 3:32 Thessalonians 3:3 But the
Lord is faithful, who shall establish you, and keep you from evil.

27. Encourage those around them - Proverbs 11:25Proverbs 11:25 The liberal
soul shall be made fat: and he that watereth shall be watered also himself.

28. Personal prayer life - Jeremiah 33:3Jeremiah 33:3 Call unto me, and I
will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.

29. Deliverance from the enemy - Psalm 31:15Psalms 31:15 My times are in
thy hand: deliver me from the hand of mine enemies, and from them that persecute
me.

30. Angels to guard them - Psalm 34:7Psalms 34:7 The angel of the LORD
encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them.

31. Persistence for the task - Galatians 6:9Galatians 6:9 And let us not be
weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

No comments: