Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Letter to Santa: CC to God

Dear Santa and God,

I know it's been a while since the last time I wrote. If it makes you feel any better, I do help my daughters write their letters to you every year. It's not that I don't believe in you, or anything, I hope you realize that. I'm married now. Yup, I married my college sweetheart, and we have three beautiful daughters.

This year, we need a little help. Manny's part time night position cut his hours, drastically. We were making just enough to cover all the bills every month until this happened, and we actually had to ask his mother for help this past month. Manny is also telling me that we can't afford more than one gift for each of our own children under the tree this year, let alone being able to afford gifts for anyone else in our extended family this year. I think he's exaggerating, but seriously? ONE gift? I know that Christmas is all about celebrating the birth of Jesus, but they're CHILDREN and... somehow it doesn't seem fair.

Can you help us out this year? Help us still put food on the table, pay our bills AND let our children get a few fun gifts? Help Manny get those hours back. Or help someone who is willing to work with my hours respond to my resume so that I can help out. This is just so heartbreaking, and it's tiring. Manny is stressing out about bills, and of course I am too... and call me impractical but with Christmas coming so fast, I'm worrying about how the girls will react to a Christmas tree that's not only lean, but bare.

While I'm at it, it would be GREAT if I could somehow manage to get my husband a gift for Christmas too. It doesn't have to be much, just something that lets him know I love him and appreciate him, and that he'll think is fun.

What's crazier is that we have so many birthdays this time of year too! Samantha is turning 1 yr old this Christmas. Grace is turning 4 yrs old on Monday! We have her birthday party on Sunday and still haven't even gotten her a birthday gift yet. Well, we got her the Barbie doll she wanted from the Twelve Dancing Princesses, but Daddy already gave it to her. He can't bear to say no to her sometimes. My grandfather is turning 82 yrs old. My sil Carrie has her birthday coming up too! She's turning 30, so she deserves something really memorable.

Holidays are supposed to be fun, not dreaded because of finances. So maybe, just maybe, you could help spread a little more cheer? Inspire me to decorate the house and make things festive? Maybe if the house looks beautiful, it won't be so noticable that there's not much under the tree. We could definitely use a little more holiday magic, and some answers to our prayers.

I'm sorry this isn't a really happy letter, Santa. I just wasn't sure where else to turn.

Love always,

~Jessica~

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Oh, Jessica...I'm sorry things are tight this year. Like you I know deep down the holidays aren't about monetary things, but it still makes it hard when you can't make it as special for the kiddos. I hope you can find something to help.

Thanks for the compliment on Easton's cuteness you left on my blog. I saw you have me as a link on your blog but my name is Kristin :) You've called me Jessica in the past too. LOL

That Santa baby name blog was hilarious. Although, my kid is named Easton so I'm not one to talk (at least it's spelled normally).

Hang in there!

♛Qu€€n♛J€§§¡¢a♛™ said...

OMG Kristin, you're right! I don't know why I do that... I just fixed the hyperlink to your blog. I hope you don't mind that I linked you! I'm a blogaholic ***embarrassed***