Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Sick Sick Sick

Oooohhhhh it's been a rough couple weeks. We all had colds a couple weeks ago, which held on for what seemed like forever, and then over the weekend I got sick AGAIN. This time with a bad chest cold and cough. Anneliese seems to finally be feeling better but the kid still has boogers, and Grace is still stuffy but fine. OK "fine" is relative when compared to last night LOL. So that I don't have to write it all out again, here's a C/P from the Feb 05 birth club:

I had trouble getting to sleep last night to begin with, I just felt like I had to be awake, and then around 2:00 am I heard a cough-gag from Grace's room so I ran in she was covered in yonk. It was all over her CANOPY over her bed too. I had to shower her at 2:00 am!!! After clean-up, Manny let her lie in our bed for a while but I was paranoid she'd get sick there too, so after an hour he took her downstairs to the living room where they like to sleep sometimes. I heard her cough and whimper about 15 minutes later and she did it again. I don't think I fell asleep until almost 4:00 and then Manny woke me at 7:45 am to tell me he was leaving for work.

YAWN! So far so good this morning. Grace is carrying around a waffle that she stole from Juliana but isn't eating. Anneliese is following Grace around hoping for a bite of waffle. If I can manage to stay awake today, I have to babysit this afternoon assuming my best friend still wants to bring her kids over after last night, and she's bringing materials to make herself a Halloween costume. Oh yeah, Juliana has class pictures today so I hope I make her presentable LOL. I might send her looking like a hobo in my current groggy state. At least the rain is over, it's bright and sunny so far today, and the leaves are brightening up! Yonk is a nicer way of saying vomit, hurl, spew, or throw up. It goes back to high school and I hate saying the other words for it hee hee.

updated post: Seems like I won't have to babysit today since my best friends' husband (Steve) doesn't want to risk a yonk-fest at their house... they're just getting over colds over there too so the kids would be compromised more than usual.Thank God for coffee. I'm thanking the brave soul who decided, eons ago, that it might be a good idea to ground up some weird looking, bitter tasting beans and then run some water through the gritty stuff and THEN have the courage to drink it. I'm chugging coffee like it's water. I'm doubting I'll get a nap in today, but I already told DH that housework is out of the question. I'm vegging out and still under the weather myself with a nasty chest cold. Although poor Gracie accidentally peed full bladder on my floor and I had to vacuum it up with the Hoover Floormate. That doesn't count as housework on a day like today I'm also thanking the amazing person who invented that little gadget . CALGON TAKE ME AWAY!

Oops lunch time for Anneliese but I'll try to pop in again later.

Well, it's later & I have yet another yucky update. Here's another C/P from Feb 05 BB:

If gross stories make you queasy, stop reading now. After running the laundry from last night's disaster, I cleaned up and gave Anneliese her lunch. Sweet potatoes and then apple sauce. The whole time she's saying "UMMMM" for yum with every bite, and when she was full she informed me "Uh duh" for "all done." She sat and played quietly for a while, then came to me for snuggles and she stood on my lap giggling. Really, if you think you're sensitive to nasty stories, stop reading now while you still can. I'm not kidding. Fair warning.
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
Last chance for you to back out of this thread.
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*

Next thing I know, she coughs (still has a cough from her bad cold) but halfway through the cough she gags and halfway through the GAG she yonked all over me. On my shirt, my pants, down my shirt, on my neck, my face, my arm... and yes, some in my mouth. ***there really should be a gagging smiley***

But ya know what's amazing about this disgusting incident? NOT ONE DROP OR DRIP LANDED ON HER OWN OUTFIT, THE FLOOR OR MY SEAT!!! NOT EVEN DRIPS ON HER MOUTH!!! ONLY on me! WTH?!?!?

If you're still reading this and are now yonking yourself, I don't feel badly because I warned you like 3 times to click back on your browser.

So yes, I've had an eventful, if not fun, day. Sorry to gross you out, but I grossed myself out too.

No comments: