Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Oh. Joy.

My sore throat just got worse as the night wore on last night. I'm feeling rather blah today, so much so that all I've wanted to do all day today is go back to bed. I'm so tired, that keeping busy is making it hard to breathe and I keep dozing off if I sit still for too long. It almost doesn't matter that we're so low on groceries that dinners and lunches have to be scrounged right now, because making dinner feels like it'll require just too much effort. I'm thinking (half seriously) that if I gave them each their Halloween bags, they'd get in their calories for the day and I wouldn't have to worry about finding them dinner. I would NEVER do that, but the thought crossed my mind. Soup sounds good right about now, seeing how it's minimal effort and they not only love it, but we have some Campbell's in the pantry. Whoo hoo! It's a plan!

It almost doesn't matter that we've been without water since at least 2:30 am because a couple of water main pipes broke AGAIN in town. We have some spitty, dirty water that I can't even shower with or let the kids rinse their day off of them, but I almost don't care because I'm really that tired and worn out and just not feeling good. I'm supposed to be babysitting for a little while today, which I look forward to because it'll help keep me AWAKE for a little while. And I'll get to see my best friend for a few minutes when she picks up the kids.

Manny works tonight and tomorrow, but actually has friday off. I wonder if I can convince him to go out friday night? Even if it's just to walk around the mall and start holiday shopping.

Hmmm, it's 4:03 pm and Juliana's bus still isn't here. What's weird is that the sun is already setting, and it'll be dark soon. And she'll have only just gotten home from school. Where is she? Stupid bus. She gets out of school at 3:15 and half the time lately, since her lame driver was fired, she's not home until 4:00 at the earliest.

I just got off the phone with The Husband, who informed me that the kids only get one gift each from us this Christmas because finances are THAT TIGHT. I know Christmas isn't supposed to be about the gifts, but only one gift each? From their own parents? This is making me absolutely heartsick. It's not like I have the option of just going out on interviews and sticking the kids in daycare or getting a babysitter. Really. I'm limited in what I can even try to do, let alone whether someone actually decides to hire me or not with all of the restrictions. To add insult to injury, most of the online Work From Home things are a scam. I won't trust them unless it's a company I "know" or if it's one my recruiter has brought to me.

{{{sigh}}} I really would like to just crawl in a hole right now and sleep. The path we're currently on depressing the crap out of me.

No comments: