Monday, October 16, 2006

Beware False Prophets

This may seem a bit ironic that I'm posting this after my introspective post about sprituality and questioning the value of religion... keep in mind that I never said I doubt that the Bible's teachings themselves aren't from God, or that Jesus's teachings were wrong. Just remember that Jesus warned against false prophets and others claiming to be His second coming, and I believe that this guy is definitely a liar of the worst kind. I wouldn't be surprised if he were possessed by a satanic entity aka Satan, whom he says doesn't exist. Maybe Satan doesn't exist, but if he does, that's exactly the sort of thing he would want people to believe to gain followers. This man is claiming that Jesus came to him and "merged" into him. Apparently, thousands of people believe him. He's also focusing on the Spanish-speaking population, taking advantage of them and spreading his lies that way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=037HvQ1TyGM

I'm absolutely disgusted and never thought anyone would truly try to scam an entire world. But in my naivete, he's not even the only one claiming to be Jesus's second coming. Scary shite there, my friends, scary, scary shite. This particular man states that he's against all religions. That there's no longer any such thing as sin. That we're all perfect souls. He accepts gifts of estates, cars, money, and even people's businesses! The Jesus I believe in would never have done that. As my friend Andie said, Jesus came into this world with nothing and he left with nothing. All he had was his name and his selfless act. I'm borrowing some quotes as well.

Mat 7:15 "Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves.

Matthew 24:4 "Watch out that no one deceives you. For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am the Christ,' and will deceive many.

Mat 24:11 "Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many.

Mat 6:19 "Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal;

Mat 6:20 "but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal.

Mat 6:21 "For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

No comments: