Friday, March 10, 2006

How I Knew It Was Nap Time

I just posted this on Anneliese's birth club but I soooo had to blog this.

Anneliese was past due for a nap, but instead of asking me for one she decided to bully her sister instead. Yes, Grace is such a frou frou that her baby sister can beat her up.

Grace is very sensitive to my moods, so when I have a rough week she does too. Today was just whine whine whine cry cry cry and at one point she came bouncing over (she bounces and hops during tantrums) screaming and crying and tugging at her hair. I thought that meant to take out the barrette that was in it, but that made her more angry.

Suddenly, Anneliese comes speed crawling (and when I saw speed crawling, I mean wickedly fast) around the corner and hides under the computer desk. She planted herself on her hands, on her belly and was giggling, trying to avoid eye contact with Grace. Then Grace starts yelling "My bardat! My bardat! Annaweese! HEY!" The little stinker had yanked a barrette out of Grace's hair and "ran" with it. I had to pry it out of her chuckling hands and put it back in Grace's hair.

Aaaahhhh the joys of girls! Actually I love having all girls. Simply love it. I knew growing up that I would have 3 daughters. I grew up with 2 brothers, one of whom was the biggest pain in the ass ever until we were both married. Now we're like best friends. Anyway, I always wanted a sister so badly, and have always had very good female friends. My best friend, Tracy, has been my best friend since we were 10/11 yrs old in 6th grade. We're 31 yrs old now. So anyway, I used to actually pray to God that he give me all daughters when it was time for me to have a family. My grandmother used to get upset when I told her that, she thought that meant I'd have all boys and be especially disappointed, and she thought it was actually disrespectful to God. Um, no, cuz apparently He agreed.

So little things like today's barrette story really actually tickle me, well, pink because I love seeing how sisters get to grow together. I never had that growing up, and I love that I can give my girls something that my own mother couldn't give me... sisters. Yes, I'm a cheesey, mushy lady but I'm entitled.

No comments: