Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Short Breather

I have a moment to breathe and relax. Juliana just got on the bus and Grace is munching on Goldfish crackers while she watches Max & Ruby with Anneliese. Aaaahhh a nice hot cup of French Vanilla thanks to cheating with International Coffees.

WARNING VENT: Manny ordered a vacuum from Igia after he saw this really convincing infomercial. I warned him that if he didn't find it on HSN that he shouldn't trust them, especially when they claimed to offer a free vacuum cleaner and steamer with the one vacuum you'd have to order. Nothing will cost over $177! Right, we're being charged over $300. The problems this person posted are EXACTLY what we're going through right now, and we still haven't received "any of" our vacuums. http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff163780.htm He just called our credit card company and they're going to block the charge. Now I have a good reason to get him to order the Dyson I wanted, although we can get it at Walmart if they're not out of stock for the holiday.

Speaking of Walmart today is the day I bravely (naively?) take the kids by myself to get holiday photos done. I'm amazingly serene about the whole thing and I still have to locate 2 dresses. I have Grace's dress in plain view, but can't find the other 2. If I can't find them them at all I guess I'll just put them in something pretty that's not matching. I certainly can't afford to buy 3 new dresses just for today, and I wouldn't have time anyway to find something appropriate for all 3 girls. At least I know where all of their shoes are. Oh crap, I need to find tights too. Hmmmm I think maybe the insanity is starting to rear it's ugly head.

I've been thinking about what I want to do when I go back to work. I have time to think about it, because I won't be working out of the home until Anneliese is in school... but I've been thinking about it anyway. I'm by no means anxious to get back to work and I'm thoroughly enjoying being a SAHM. I'm debating doing something from home though because we do need the money. It's just so hard to find something that doesn't require a start-up cost or something that's legit. Maybe I'll look into selling some crafts of my own and doing made-to-order crafts and designs. I've been thinking about getting back into my art work because ultimately, that's what I'll want my career to be centered around. That's my craft. I'd love to have a job that's not "a job" but a calling, sort of like how Mothering is my calling. It's what I love to do, and I don't tire of it. Art is the same way for me... I love it and never tire of it. It's funny how my girls really have no idea that I'm an artist. They think that all moms can draw and paint and stuff. Juliana was shocked when she found an old sketch of mine, and she realized I created it. It made me realize how much I miss my art. Not that I don't feel complete without having it to work on, I just know that I can't keep the kids from "messing with it" and being the perfectionist that I am, I don't want to risk having them destroy it. I take a lot of pride in my work, so rather than put myself in a position of having to keep them away from it, I've refrained from creation. Maybe I AM doing myself a disservice by refraining. I may have to rethink that. Maybe I'll talk to Manny about finishing off the attic into a studio for my work.

Oops got to go, kiddies calling.

No comments: